View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 09:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatLC View Post
Withdrawals are awful. I hate taking drugs so I periodically go off painkillers and even though I taper off I get bad withdrawals.
This has been my practice now for several years and have done OK at managing my build up tolerance to tamadol. It is vary difficult to do this or rather impossible it seems when I'm busy with life and commitments out of my control. I view pain killers as a way for me to get what I have to do done, like the passing of my father or traveling to see my in laws in Finland. But at this point I have pretty much avoided taking pain med's just to lower my pain when I can get through the day without them. Get through easily? No but none the less possible. The mental game is in my view the most important and without it things start slipping. My weight, my exercise, my food quality and so on. Once this happens the pain increases incrementally. But I have to wonder is my pain increasing only because my healthiness has decreased? It's a combination of health of body and mind. If I can be strong enough to control what I eat, how much sleep I get, my exercise and so on I seem to strong enough to deal with pain better which in turn makes it seem like it's less. Less because mentally I'm stronger and less because I'm controlling my habits better.

Sorry for the rambling.