View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 02:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
I've done a great deal of research on this topic over the years and have been following the research. MrsD is right, and there's more and more research being published. The sooner conventional medicine realizes what traditional medicine has known for millennia, namely, that the gut is source of most, if not every issue, and so the locus of health and sickness, the better off we'll be. So many AI are thought or suspected to have a bacterial or yeast, etc. infection at their root that it only stands to reason.

If you suspect your gut as the source of the problem, then try it, or at least try to set things right first, via diet and probiotics. I intend to resort to this, if my diet, natural antibiotic and antifungal, and probiotic intervention doesn't work. You need a health donor, if you do it at home. Clinically, the studies have initially dealt with CD as noted, but more recently with UC (Ulcerative Colitus), equally successfully. For self-administered transplants, see "Success of Self-Administered Home Fecal Transplantation for Chronic Clostridium difficile Infection".

This is a very important issue, and can't be overemphasized, and the research is showing this more and more. What I've been wondering recently is whether correcting the gut issues, so Candida, SIBO, leaky gut, and eventually the microflora in the gut can reverse an AI issue, say my SFN. Assuming the bacteria has already caused its damage, won't healing the gut simply not cause further damage rather than reversing things? Or is the mechanism more complex, and I just can't see it at the moment. To be fair, I haven't been thinking about it seriously enough, and need to give it some good thought. Curious what people think.

I would say that anyone, ill or healthy, should take any gut issues seriously and address them immediately. Diet is the most important first step here, and a high carb/sugar diet is your worst enemy.
Hi David,

For what it's worth here's one doctors take take on the subject; http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...e/faq-20058174

Cliffman
Cliffman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote