View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 01:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can really feel the emotions within each post that have been written. I just wonder how much denial I am in. I really don't think much about it and just do it. I think now in retrospect I may have lost my last job due to the medications that I was on and the pain cycle. I am not sure as now I am finding out more about retention of information etc. I used to be able to remember people's stories in my line of work but now I write things down as soon as possible to not loose things.
I am surprised at the progression of this disease and wonder now how much more of my body is effected by it and I don't realize it. I was just diagnosed with B-12 deficiency, my number was 172. That is really low. So I have to go in for shots for this month weekly and monthly after that. I will not poo poo it away like i might have before reading this forum.
It has been really hard for me to read this as I still think I am just fine.
When you talk about going to school I have been working full time, going through my Master's program online. I have a 3.7 GPA. I am going to start my student teaching in February and when I do that I will be working full time as well. I also hold down a 2nd job in my love of art. I teach lampworking to students. (making glass beads) I am an artist myself and I sell at shows and on ebay when I can pull it all together to get some listed. I have a website under Vanityfairebeads.com but have not been able to post any pictures yet. That is the last thing I try to get to so its still is waiting. But I love my website. I aspire to get that in there too. I am going to be 52 years old and I have 4 children. My last child we adopted and he is special needs. He is MR and is in special education. He is the light of our lives and is so wonderful to be around. The easiest kid ever. He will be 15 in March.
Ali, sweetie. I just love you over the internet. You are a remarkable girl and are living with so much at such a young age. You are so giving. I believe you will overcome all this and live a good life with lots of things to do. I am praying for remission for you sweetie and that your arm goes down soon.
Take care all. I appreciate everything that you are informing me of. It scares me to think of the future with this stuff however and finding this forum has really brought a reality check to my life. I can not be in denial anymore. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of that card that you can give to people that describes the disease I think I need to give that to my boss for future reference.
huggles.
vanityfaire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote