View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Sarah,

IR stands for Interventional Radiologist. This is who treats PCS.

When we have several things going on it's hard for the Drs. to separate what is what. I actually got diagnosed with the PCS about 2 years ago but we were busy dealing with other medical issues. Now it has gotten so bad that we are trying to get help to get it calmed down. My Gyno did call today and I go in tomorrow at 2. He is such a good Gyno and so much fun but I have my doubts about him knowing about the PCS. If not, my PCP said he'd take care of me until we found a Dr. that could help with it. Co. has some of the worse Drs. Here you have to see several to find one good one for what is going on.

I have had the TPI's for the IC also. After going to my Urologist for 2 years and not getting better my PCP started reading up on it and trying to help me with it.

Feel free to PM me with any questions about any of this. I don't have any Gyno problems, the PCS is where the blood is not flowing right to the heart and it backs up in the pelvic area, thus causing more pelvic pain. I also use a heating pad at night. I will put a patch on my pelvic area and then also use a heating pad. Everything I do I run by my Dr. so I know it's ok.

Hope this helps and feel free to PM me.

Ada

Last edited by dreambeliever128; 01-28-2008 at 06:57 PM.
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote