View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Dahlek, I have a full spectrum light and have had it for years....bought it way back when, 15 some years ago, when it had to come from Canada and cost a fortune.

I am not sure where it is sitting right now. I know I need to drag it out. Thing is you are supposed to use it in the morning....ugh, I want to sleep in.

You know that is the one drawback about moving south....you get LESS sunlight in summer....hmm. LOL, you just can win.

Mel,
I am having a pretty good holiday season, but, hey Mel, get me looking at pics from long ago, and I can fill the room with enough tears to produce a biblical flood. I am a crier....good times, bad times...boo hoo. It is embarassing. I cry during commercials, movie trailers....not to mention movies. I sob.

We have some family situations that are difficult, but, it comes with the territory. When you adopt 4 special needs kids on top of 4 birth ones....no, life won't be easy....it isn't like in the movies....it isn't like on TV.

I have a daughter in Afghanistan this year. She has learned what family means now...even tho I wasn't her birth mom...boy, I look good to her now. It also means another year of worry, no, not as bad as the Iraq saga...her situation is different than my son's, who was very much on the 'front lines' if you can call it that. But my son has moved onto marriage and now very soon to fatherhood, a sweet little girl soon will be here.

We have many struggles going on in our gigantic family, this is life, and it doesn't stop because it is Christmas or Hanukkah. Well, you know what I mean. At times we resemble a slightly better off Kratchet family (Scrooge?)...'God bless us, every one'.

Lots of people have troubles with holidays, Mel, and I understand your situation. What we see on TV is not reality and it is a shame we get bombarded with these images. Who buys a Lexus for Christmas??? Really! If I am supposed to buy hubby a Lexus...man, am I a loser....we are driving a Ford and Toyota into the ground, and it is getting close...pretty soon we will be like Fred Flintstone...using our feet! Maybe after Christmas we can stimulate the economy if we can get a car loan....otherwise, hubby can commute 60 miles one way on bicycle...eh, I will worry about that later.

I know many other people would be thrilled to have the love and generosity you have to give.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote