View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 10:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hi xmas!

Hi xmas! I am on Imuran right now - have been for months now.....love the stuff! With my monthly IV IG and Imuran I have been reduced to 20 mgs a day of pred. There will be bi-weekly tests to check your kidneys/liver - just in case. Yes, you DO still take Mestinon with it. IT "masks" the symptoms when you feel crappy. I still take 2-5 daily - depending on how I feel.....
I have had no side effects so far @ all and have been on it for 5 months or so.

THe "goal" is to get you completely off the pred and on Imuran and Mestinon full time. Then you will able to lose weight and not have the nasty side effects of pred........

I love Imuran! It scares me a lot less than Cellcept!

Big hugs!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas 25 View Post
hey-i've been diagnosed generalized even though all tests are neg.since my d vision is almost gone on mestinon.had a few issues geting used to mestinon ,am now on 90mg tr bid. on prenisone for throiditis so will wait to increase mestr. spent 1 good hour with re neuro who suggested that i soon change to imuran since it takes 6-8 months to start working. i have some new ?s that i just thought of #1 do you still take mestinon withit, #2 how do most people react to it-often with side effects #3 is it a test can be measured in blood test#4 how do any of you feel on it or about it??? thanks have a great sat/sun!!!