View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 10:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Hi Donna,
Mark asked some of the questions I had too.

I was mainly wondering how your injury/injuries came about.
and
what/where are your symptoms located that you mention??
(pain, stiffness, muscle spasm, mood, sleep,. etc.)
Shoulder problems followed neck problems became frozen shoulder for 5 years, that got released, and lots of chiropractor visits for back, neck, arms, then it was better for a while, then up and down. Early this year, all the joints in both hands and wrists swelled up turned red and hot, also my ankles. Already had Raynaud's in hands & feet, but when this developed it got much worse. Nerve abnormalities found in my hands + erosions. While being treated for that, I developed progressive pain & impairment in my arms, inflammation & swellng causing impingement, and my shoulder started getting locked up again. Hips and knees also followed. I had cortizone shots in one shoulder and they increased prednisone.

Mood impact I had since early but became much worse when I hit puberty, except when I was pregnant; then I felt great. When I went through infertility treatment it nearly killed me; my body totally broke down, and fell into a black hole for a while. Hysterectomy took me down a bit too. But every time they gave me meds for surgery or pain or mood, I got really bad every time but they didn't realize for years that the meds were making me sick until I almost died after surgery.

Repetitive activities always cause inflammation in whatever joints are involved. That has gotten worse over time.
I don't have TBI , but did get a concussion from a horse accident in my teen years {almost 40 yrs ago}.
I didn't have any serious affects from it then.
But now that I'm older and had a job with constant repetitive arm & hand use as well as lots or reaching and lifting tools and parts, I did eventually acquire a chronic RSI/TOS condition.

I believe a factor in this for me, was the long term affects of the horse accident.
My theory - c1/c2 became misaligned most likely from the header off the horse, and over time caused the rest of my body to change alignment.
Then throw in being a "tomboy" playing various sports and other stunts, I did had other hits, falls and bumps through the years.
And also a minor car accident where I cracked my nose on the steering wheel.
So I had multiple small traumas and the repetitive job & age compounded all of it.
When did you make the connection with the head injury? My parents never talked about how bad it was until I discovered the connection and asked them to tell me what the docs said, what happened along the way. I only remembered hearing them arguing over my body after I fell because the ambulance was stuck in traffic and they didn't think I was going to make it if they didn't get me to the hospital. I don't remember anything after that until I was almost 6. My mom said that I was unconscious but I remember hearing them, and she said I was right about the argument. Then when I told my dad recently about my brain injury, he said, "I wondered when that was finally going to come up. No one believed you'd ever live back then, and I was waiting for this to happen." I never quite know what to do with statements like that. Then they told me the details.

You mentioned being a tomboy; horrifying to my parents was my poor impulse control and adventurousness. I was always getting into risky situations after that, a free spirit who wanted to climb trees, houses, explore everywhere as I grew up. To them, I looked like a tomboy.

I'd like to learn more about TOS; those describe me well starting after I had whiplash.

Thanks for sharing with me!

Donna
Donna E. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote