View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 09:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Lefty, It is possible to get RSD as an approved diagnosis on a WC claim after an injury. Through the work of my doctors, and many hearings and appointments I do have this as an approved condition. That said, any type of treatment, other than drug therapy has been a struggle. It has led to a delay in treatment, I have been waiting since February to get an approval for a SCS trial, and have another hearing in August for that. Be aware of any mental health conditions that may arise from this injury, you may be able to get an allowance for depression that will allow you to get therapy and medication for that if it is needed. Sometimes even getting the meds can be a problem. I was taking Cymbalta at rather high doses for about 8 months when WC abruptly decided that they were n longer going to cover it any longer and this caused a very uncomfortable several days of detox with no medical assistance. I just had a horrible flare and my PM doc did prescribe the steroid pack like you had to try and get it calmed down, so I have to think that this is an accepted treatment, but cannot be used with any great frequency due to the harmful effects of the steroids. Prepare yourself for a difficult journey with WC, find a good attorney that deals with WC, and most importantly find a doctor that you can develope a good rapport with. Good luck, Lisa (also a lefty)
Lisa in Ohio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (07-28-2010)