Thread: What do you do
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 02:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I know I need to see a doctor, (and there may be something to the selective mutism thing) but I also know I'm going to hate every second of it. I have been to see doctors countless times for many different reasons. I have NEVER gotten ANY benifit out of it. Most of the problems that caused me to go to the doctor 12 years ago I STILL HAVE. I'm either given a useless prescription or they tell me to "keep an eye on it," which is a polite way of saying "I don't want to exert any effort to help you, so learn to live with it." Let's just say I don't have much faith in doctors' ability to help me.

It doesn't matter anyway, because I have too many other concerns right now to think about getting help. It would be great to be able to get help online, but I don't think my ADD brain would be good at comprehending CBT on it's own; I wouldn't be able to stay focused.

Thanks for the information David, but I guess I'll have to hold off getting fixed for a while.
barbo (08-18-2010), waves (08-18-2010), wishnomore (08-18-2010), Wren (08-18-2010)