View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 08:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Have you tried topamax? It has helped me with my overall RSD symptoms more than other meds, even more than pain meds. I cannot tolerate neurontin or lyrica. But, I have to take topomax at higher levels to help headaches. I take 400 mgs a day. I used to have migraines years ago. They affected me intestinally mostly...severe vomiting and diarrhea.. The headaches and aura were bad but tolerable. My RSD is severe in my upper back, neck, back of my head and side of my face. I had a 7 on scale of 10 headache from it for the last 3 years 24/7/365. Nothing took care of it. Nothing. When the neurologist increased my topamax from 200 to 400 a couple months ago, the headache dropped to a 2 or 3. There are times now I don't even notice it.

Topamax has side effects. It can mess with your use of words. You have to drink lots of water to avoid kidney problems. It causes hair loss in some. I no longer work, so the word issue does not matter. For me, it is a great med. Far less problems than I had on oxy or methadone. Every med has some problem or other.
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyRI (03-27-2011)