View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 04:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
I read here that PT was typical after a block. But my doc would not let me do anything strenuous with my neck or arms for 2 days after my SGB. he did not want my PT anywhere near my cervical spine...

sorry about your migraines...Topamax has helped me enormously. I currently take 100 mg 2X a day. After I had been in about 75-80% remission from ketamine infusions I tried going off of it. but when I tapered down, my migraines started coming back.

I also use Fiorcet as needed (a few a day sometimes), and Frova, which is a triptan like Imitrex, when I feel one coming on. It really has helped. over time I have learned how to control my head pain most of the time...

Good luck, it's just such a drag when your head hurts all the time!!
I used to get a migraine maybe 1-2 times every 3-5 months, now they seem to be every week/every other week. It is unbelievable. I am having so many painful changes with my body that it sometimes scares me to get out of bed! I never know if a "new" symptom, ache or pain is from the CRPS or something else, which makes things more complicated for me due to my CRPS stemming from a workers compensation claim. I never know which doctor to call and be treated by especially since comp pays for the medications that are related to my WC case folder! To think it all started with Carpal Tunnel syndrome 5 years ago, turned into 10 bilateral hand/joint surgeries to now the CRPS. I started Imitrex about 2 months ago (prescribed by my primary Dr.) because we thought the migraine overload was just an odd thing, but now I am realizing that it has to be connected to this CRPS somehow. I cannot imagine that migraines could just sprout out this much from almost nothing...but then again...what do I know!! lol...thanks!! Glad to hear that your pain is more manageable with the right medications...if only I could find my right "recipe" for medication!
Sonny1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote