Thread: Pain meds
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Default Ochokid14,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochokid14 View Post
Also with the topomax that I am taking doesn't do anything for pain. And as far as medications go, whenever I'm at the hospital we always have to tell them my medications because they never have them on file.
Hi Ochokid14, Welcome.

One of my best friends when I was about your age had a shunt. The technology wasn't as good then, and I remember the headaches and other problems he had well into his 20s, and ventually we lost touch. I'm glad yours is better than his was.

Do you know what condition or reason your doctors prescribed Topamax for? If it's not doing what it was prescribed for, you might talk to your doctor about getting off of it. All medications have potential benefits, but they also all have potential risks, or side effects, and why be subjected to those if there's no benefit to be gained?

Hospitals always ask about medications, even when they do have them on file. They have no way of telling if there may be any errors/mistakes, or if there have been any changes that have been missed or haven't caught up with the system. It may seem like a nuisance, but it's a safety measure intended to reduce mistakes.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (07-16-2012)